The success of your company is only as strong as your cash flow. Merchants Bank of California, N.A. provides solutions to put your money to work quickly and efficiently to increase your profitability. Let our experienced and knowledgeable staff find tailored solutions designed to meet your business goals and allow you to focus on your business.
Account Reconcilement Services
Account Reconcilement Services enable you to gain greater control of issued and outstanding checks while reducing clerical costs and effort. These services prove to be an invaluable money saver for companies who issue a large number of checks from one or more accounts.
Armored Car Service
Armored car service provides customers with a safe and secure way to transport large amounts of cash between locations. Armored car guards are well trained to protect valuables while in transit. Another advantage to using armored car service is that most armored car carriers are fully insured and bonded, providing customers loss protection.
Cash Vault Services
Merchants Bank has cash vaults throughout the continental United States and Puerto Rico. We can assist you in making the necessary arrangements to have cash delivered to your business when needed and also to have cash picked up for deposit to your Merchants Bank account. We can also assist you with selecting an armored car service carrier that is right for you. Cash Vault Services can be handled via the internet to provide you with the utmost security.
Positive Pay is an automated fraud detection tool offered through our Cash Management department. It protects customers against altered checks and counterfeit check fraud. Positive Pay matches each check presented for payment against a previously authorized and issued list of transmitted checks. If a check does not have a “match” in the file, the Bank sends customer an image of the check and awaits instructions from customer on whether to pay or return the item.
Reverse Positive Pay
Reverse Positive Pay is for those corporate clients who do not have the ability to transmit check issuance information to the Bank. Instead, each business morning the Bank will provide the client with a list of paid checks. The client performs their daily reconcilements and has until 11:00am to notify the bank if any checks need to be returned.
Remote Deposit Capture
Merchants Bank of California, N.A. understands how valuable your time and money are to your business and that that is why we offer Remote Deposit Capture. Remote Deposit Capture allows you to deposit checks electronically directly from your computer with the use of a desktop scanner. Remote Deposit Capture allows you to scan checks from customers and transmit them electronically for deposit anytime, day or night.
- Faster funds availability: Funds are deposited sooner therefore making funds available faster. With funds deposited into your account sooner, your money is working smarter for you.
- Save time preparing deposits: Enjoy the convenience of making deposits electronically 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
- Cut costly courier fees or trips to the bank: Preparing deposits electronically is very efficient, reducing labor costs and freeing up staff for other tasks..
- Consolidate funds from remote locations to one Merchants Bank of California, N.A. account: Check deposits can easily be made from any remote office or storefront. This streamlines your cash flow by consolidating deposits from multiple locations for collection.
- Reduce exposure to Loss for check fraud: Faster check clearing allows you to act sooner on returned checks, significantly increasing your opportunities for collection efforts.
- More secure: Multiple layers of security including password protection, Internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption deliver the highest level of security available.
A Sweep Account can help you eliminate idle balances, maximize your return on excess funds and increase corporate earnings. Generally, any commercial, non-interest bearing checking account is eligible for this simple, safe and automatic funds transfer service . Funds in excess of the balance you have set for your business account will “sweep” to an interest-bearing category each day funds exceed this balance.
Merchants Bank offers domestic and foreign wire transfer services. Wire transfers are a quick and easy way to move funds electronically from/to your Merchants Bank account to/from any bank in the world. In most cases, the beneficiary receives funds on the same day they are wired.
Zero Balance Accounts
Simplify your cash monitoring by using a Zero Balance Account (ZBA) which allows you to automatically consolidate your checking funds on deposit. A ZBA allows your business to have separate accounts for segregation of expenditures and receipts and eliminates the need to manually transfer funds between deposit accounts. With a ZBA, excess balances are automatically concentrated and transferred as needed between accounts to cover any deficits.